What is u shape mosi2 heating element?
The u shape mosi2 heating element looks like the letter “U” in English, it is durable and reliable at high temperatures.
The U shaped mosi2 heating elements are most frequently used suspended with the bottom of the “U” down. The element consists of two cold ends (Lu) and a U-shaped hot section (Le).
The cold ends are twice the diameter of the hot section and are attached by a weld. The extremities of the cold ends are metallized with aluminum to provide a low-resistance contact surface to which the electrical connections are made with flat braided aluminum straps.
|Main Material||Molybdenum disilicide MoSi2|
|Key Selling Points||Long Service Life|
|Supply Ability||5000 Piece / Pieces per Week for molybdenum disilicide heating element|
|Heating Elongation Rate||4%|
|Packing||Cartoon box inside ,Polyfoam filled, Wooden box outside|
|After-sales Service Provided||Overseas service center available|
These mosi2 heating elements are available in two grades: 1700 for element temperatures up to 1700 ℃ and 1800 for element temperatures up to 1850 ℃.
Manufactured to industry established diameters and resistance values in the following diameters: 3/6, 4/9, 6/12, 9/18 and 12/24 .
Mosi2 heating element length:Lu length from 150 to 1000mm, Le length from 150 to 1500mm, customized is available .
Mosi2 heating element operation temperature: From 500C to 1750 ℃. Max temperature can up to 1900 ℃
Mosi2 heating element rod shape : U type; W type; straight type; L type.
Reference data for U shape mosi2 heating element
|Diameter(mm) φd(hot zone)/ φc (cold zone)||shape||length(mm) Le(hotzone)/Lu(cold zone)||a(mm)||g(mm)||f(mm)||h(mm)||n(mm)|
|3/6||U shape,L shape,W shape or customized||customized||25||12||15||30||10||40||35|
|4/9||U shape,L shape,W shape or customized||customized||25||15||20||30||10||50||45|
|6/12||U shape,L shape,W shape or customized||customize||50||25||25||45||15||90||70|
|9/18||U shape,L shape,W shape or customized||customized||60||35||32||75||20||135||110|
|12/24||U shape,L shape,W shape or customized||customized||80||50||40||100||35|
The installation of U shape mosi2 heating element
Two-shank elements with straight terminals are defined by
- Element grade 1700 Grade, 1800 Grade,1850 Grade, 1900 Grade or Super pure Type
- Heating zone diameter “d”, mm
- Terminal diameter “c”, mm
- Terminal length “Lu”, mm
- Heating zone length “Le”, mm
- Center distance between shanks “a”, mm
Example: 1800 Grade,9/18, Lu = 320 mm
Le = 510 mm
As shown below：
Resistance coefficient of mosi2 heating element
|Element temperature (℃)||Type 1700 resistivity (Ω·mm2/m)||Type 1800 resistivity (Ω·mm2/m)|
The assembly of U shape mosi2 heating element
- Transition section (g) should be inserted inside the furnace, to avoid the case that heat can not emit and resulting in damage of the transition section.
- When installing, it is necessary to keep certain distance between the U shape mosi2 heating element and furnace bottom (h).
- Make sure a reasonable distance between the U shape mosi2 heating element and furnace wall.
- The suggest surface load of 1700 type U shape mosi2 heating element and furnace wall under 1300 C furnace temperature is below 13. 5w/cm3. The suggest surface load of 1800 type U shape mosi2 heating element under 1600℃ furnace temperature is below 11. 5w/cm2. And the suggest surface load of 1850 type products under 1720 C furnace temperature is below 12 w/cm2.